Tuesday, July 29, 2008

She Loves to Fish




Every night at bedtime, we read out of a little book called "Blessings Everyday".  Each day's reading consists of a simple devotion and a passage from the Bible.  Ashlyn always likes to look up the Bible passage, and I usually read the devotion.  So the other night after she found the passage, her face brightened up and she startled us with this huge squeal. Then she said, "Oh, Mom, this is the coolest verse ever.  Are you ready to hear this?"  "Yes."  "Are you sure?"  "Go ahead, Ash."  "OK, are you ready?"  And I thought I would never get to hear her read the verse.  But finally, she read it, and because I know her, I understood her enthusiasm.  The verse was Mark 1:17, "And Jesus said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men'."  The girl LOVES to fish!!  I thought that was so great, and in my heart I prayed that she would develop that kind of excitement for all of God's Word!

1st picture:  Fishing with Uncle Josh
2nd picture:  Birthday present from Uncle Josh!

2 comments :

Lacey said...

Oh Amy Jacobs....this weekend Beth was visiting and we found some photos. Oh my!!! If I was cooler, had more time, was more computer savvy, I would e-mail them to you - photos of baseball caps, mud, four girls in one bed at your parents' house, flannel shirts, four wheelers. So incriminating!!

The Sparks said...

What a special little girl you have - you both are doing a great job teaching her about God's word.