Monday, July 28, 2008

Chasing Butterflies






Today is one of those days.  It's storming outside now, but earlier the weather was just perfect.  The kids and I were swinging, playing with the animals (well, making sure Jake wouldn't strangle the kittens while trying to pick them up), avoiding a wasp and yes, chasing butterflies.  Emily was determined to get one on her finger.  It never happened, but I was happy to get some photos of her trying.  I love these days.  I have things to do, but right now I am enjoying just being with my children.  After all, time doesn't stop and they are growing up, right?  

I know these days will come and go so fast, and oh, how I don't want to take them for granted!!  It's easy to busy myself with my own interests sometimes, and although I need that occasionally, right now I have been called to invest in my children--in my family.  I am constantly learning about the giving that is involved in marriage and family life.  But oh, what a blessing it is, and what deep joy and satisfaction it brings!

  So today, with the house undone, we played.  And now I will resume my doings within the house as they are resting.  But tomorrow, while it is still summer and while they still want to play, I will chase butterflies again.  And I will love it.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Keep chasing those butterfiles! One of these days, the house will be too clean, the laundry will all be folded and neatly in drawers or hanging the the closet and the days will be quiet. Enjoy making those precious memories with your children. Nothing can replace them!! Love ya! Aunt Wina

Lacey said...

I love reading your blog Amy. And I find it so interesting that from our entires, we sound so similar. My days are like yours and so many times I have found your words echo my thoughts. Isn't life funny and isn't God good?

Anonymous said...

Please pray that I can be more kid-minded and take the time that they need without feeling so hurried. Thanks for allowing the Lord to convey His wisdom and word thru you. You're wonderful and I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Very nice Amy! You are a wise mother. But, you did have two good role models, huh?
Love, Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

This one gave me cold chills. My days are exactly like this, never too busy for chasing butterflies,huh? Love ya, Ang

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me Tina harder from church and I wanted to say I would love to be in the band. But If I was could I to be the graphics designer for like doing any art related stuff for the band. The reason why I ask this is beacuase I love to draw. Thanks Tina