Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Caved


Yep, it happened.  Last night.  Jake went to bed, laid there for about 3 minutes, then started screaming.  I was fine at first, but then it went on and on and on.  He didn't even bother getting up.  He was just lying on his stomach, screaming.  I felt so sorry for him.  I knew exactly what he wanted.  So, I gave it a little more time, and then all hope was lost.  I found it and I gave him what he wanted.  After that I never heard a peep.  I did, however, take it back out of his bed so that he wouldn't have it when he woke up this morning.  As I am sitting here I can hear him "talking" up there, but not crying!  Maybe there is hope for premature ridding of the passy after all!  If not, though, that's okay, because when he turns 2 it will "break" or "disappear", and then, just like my girls, he will learn to live without.  

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Amy, what a wonderful gift you have! I am new to the whole blog thing, but I am very excited and hooked already. One question... what time do you get up and how in the world do you function?! Keep up the great work!

The Sparks said...

Don't feel bad - we do what we have to do!