Thursday, July 3, 2008

Josh

Last night we went to the Lincoln County Fair.  Jason and Jeff were in the Cornhole Tournament, so we loaded up the family and set off for a night of fun, fun, fun!!!  :)  Anyway, my brother Josh wanted to play in the tournament too, so we tried calling everybody we could think of to find him a partner (he just moved back home Monday), and nobody could do it.  So, when we got there, he met another guy (also named Josh) who needed a partner, so they played together.  

As it turned out, Josh's mom works with Myers International Midway, so he travels with her and hangs out at the fairs.  He was so nice, and I immediately wondered if he knew Jesus.  The opportunity never came for me to talk to him, but I had prayed that God would open up a door for one of us to witness to him.  God answered.  One of our friends got the opportunity to talk to him about his faith.  He was receptive, and he is going to talk to him again tonight.  

I pray for Josh and I hope that you will remember him too.  Maybe the whole reason he played cornhole with my brother was so that he would have the opportunity make a friend who would talk to him about Christ.  

By the way, Jason and Jeff were runners-up.  Josh and Josh lost the first round, but a seed planted for Christ always brings about a win.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

what a great story! i struggle to take advantage of what seems like ordinary circumstances and pray that God is made extraordinary in them. it seems like God is really working in you to give you a mission mindset makeover. wow, look at my alliteration! anyway, thanks for sharing. it is a real encouragement.

Anonymous said...

1. What an awesome experience. I will be praying for this guy.

2. Welcome to the blogosphere.