Sunday, July 13, 2008

Observations from the Sea


The ocean always inspires me.  It inspires me to get up early.  It inspires me to exercise (jog on the beach).  That really shouldn't be a surprise, though, since God is enough to inspire anyone, and I know that God reveals himself through His creation.  Romans 1:20 says that "since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made...".  In fact, I would go so far as to say that there are certain attributes of God that I might not recognize if I don't take time to watch and listen to His creation. Please do not misunderstand me; He has revealed Himself through Christ and the Word.  But isn't awesome that He has also chosen to show Himself to us through some of the most beautiful things our eyes can behold, small and great?  When you really take the time to OBSERVE nature and think about these intricate and majestic creations, you can, without fail, learn something about the nature and character of God.  Here is an example:
As I watch the ocean and it's never-ending tides, I am reminded of God's never-ending love.  Day in and day out those tides roll in.  It never ever stops.  Never.  And when I am silent and just take it in and listen, it brings a calm and peace to my soul--just like the love of God.  
I really feel like when we get to eternity we will finally understand the reasons for everything that God created on earth.  For now though, I will look around and seek to know my Father as I observe the many aspects of His brilliant creation.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I finally got on "the blog" and have thoroughly enjoyed your thoughts and insight. I know you are enjoying writing. This is such a precious picture of Jake-beach pix are always the best. I will be praying for you all this week. Enjoy! love you lots
Kell

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking maybe you should write a book or something.

The beach looks awesome

Anonymous said...

That girl can really put her thoughts down on LCD monitor/screen. i love you honey, jason