Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Ashlyn

Wow, it has been a crazy week!  I want to thank all of our friends and family who have been praying for Ashlyn.  She was a very sick little lady this week!  We took her to the Emergency Room on New Year's and she was diagnosed with pneumonia.  But she is on an antibiotic and is doing much better today.

It's so hard to watch your kids suffer, isn't it?  As I was caring for Ashlyn this week, I thought about that, just like I do any other time when my children are sick or hurting.  I remember how, when I would be ill as a child, my mom and dad would tell me how much they would rather it be them than me.  I now understand that feeling!  

When we were in the hospital, waiting for Ashlyn's IV to finish, I saw a commercial on TV for St. Jude's children's hospital.  Seeing those children, many of them bald from chemo or radiation treatments I'm sure, I was just overwhelmed with thanksgiving in my heart for the health of my children.  Sure, Ashlyn was not well at that moment, but we had no doubt that she would recover soon.  Many of these families don't have that.  I really do thank God for the blessing of health and wellness, and always want to use that blessing in honor of Him and for Him.

I hope to start writing regularly again this week.  It's been so busy over the holidays, but now we are getting back into our "normal" routine.  Prayers to all of you who are going back to school too!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

We all should probably take a trip to St. Jude's on a monthly basis to appreciate the health of our children...huh? I really would like to do that as heartbreaking as it would be. Thanks for posting. I am so glad Ashlyn is better and healthy as is the other kids. We have so much to be thankful for.Thank God for His mercy.

Anonymous said...

Your right Amy. We should be more apprciative of the healthy ones in our lives. Hope Ashlyn gets well soon!!!! :) :) :) :)