Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Awe

Lately I have been thinking so much about the "big-ness" of God.  I have always been fascinated by the universe and amazed that God created all of those things.  It really makes me put my self-centeredness into perspective when I realize that God created so many things that human beings will never even lay eyes on in this life, and why?  For His own glory.  It's not really about me, is it?  Yet God chooses to love me with an everlasting love.  And you.  In the midst of all of His magnificent creation, He created people, and His Word is full of great and precious promises, just making sure that we know how much He cares...for us.  I can't even describe the how humbling that is for me.  
Ashlyn and I are doing a study of the sun, reading astonishing facts and viewing mind-boggling pictures.  The library book we were reading today stated as "fact" how the universe was formed, with absolutely no mention of God.  I stopped and explained to Ashlyn that many people believe the universe just happened, without a Creator.  The look on her face was almost funny, but it assured me of her belief in God as the Creator!

Billions of galaxies have been captured on our telescopes, and only God knows what else is out there.  Yet even though we are tiny in comparison, He has chosen to love us.  I feel speechless when I think about it.  I believe that one day, with our God-given glorified minds, we may understand.  But until then, I just try to take it in as much as I can, in awe of the power of my Father, who holds the universe in His hands, yet at the same time, holds me near every day.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Great lesson, Amy!!!! It;s really sad that so many people have chosen to shut God out of their lives. I'm glad that Ashlyn has her whole heart to God!!!!
Miss you at church!!! :) :) :)