Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History

I said that I was only going to watch the Ceremony.  But the festivities surrounding the Inauguration today drew me in, and my TV was fixed on Fox News!  I didn't sit down and watch it all day, but I was tuned in, even when it was just background noise.

No, I am not a supporter of the policies or ideas of our new president.  But I am a supporter of him in that he is now my president.  I must say that it was discouraging to hear so many people today booing President Bush.  Where is the respect?  He served as our leader for eight years, and they could not show him respect as he was bidding the office farewell?  

As I watched and listened carefully to President Obama's speech, I wondered about our country; what will it look like in six months?  A year?  Five years?  I know what I think, but only time will tell.

I don't want to blog politics today though.  Regardless of how I feel about the new administration, today was a very important day in America's history!  I encourage all of you to pray for this administration and pray for our nation.  And when you feel discouraged, remember that this world is our temporary home.  No matter how good or bad things seem on this earth at any given time, we must never forget that we should always be living for eternity, for our lives here are but a speck in the grand scheme of time.  I'm so thankful that I serve a God who is eternal, all-powerful and completely in control!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

AMY, I AM LIKE YOU, I WAS DRAWN IN BY ALL THE FESTIVITIES. I AM OFF WORK THIS WEEK AND I WAS GLAD THAT I WAS ABLE TO WATCH THIS HISTORY MAKING DAY, BUT AS YOU SAID IT SO PERFECTLY, "GOD IS IN CONTROL." THAT GIVES ME A PEACE THAT IS UNSPEAKABLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR BLOG!!! LOVE YOU, KATHY E

Anonymous said...

You're right, Amy!!!! A lot of people ARE disrespecting Bush, Pres. Obama, and some of the people who spoke at his inaugeration. You'd think they would have more respect. We REALLY need to pray for Pres. Obama and our country during this time.
:)