Monday, January 12, 2009

A Fun Surprise

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who took the time to comment on my post "The Need for...Sleep".  Your comments meant so much to me and were truly an encouragement for both Jason and me.  I agree that the days of my kids being young and close by my side are relatively short, so thinking from that perspective really helps me to overcome these sleep issues I've been having.  By the way, we are now in the market for a king-sized bed!!

Having said all of that, Jason and I did have an enjoyable weekend, where we were able to get away overnight and spend some time together.  I had booked a room for us and had tried to find some basketball tickets, but was unsuccessful (in finding the tickets).  At the last minute, however, my brother surprised us with some great seats!  I thought it was so sweet that he had been looking all this time for us, and then when he found some, he gave them to us instead of using them for himself!  What a guy!  Thanks again Josh!  (See how happy we look?)


On a totally different note, I have been learning so much lately, and I am working on getting my thoughts together so that I can write about it on here.  I absolutely love sharing what God teaches me, and I love hearing back from you about how he is working in your life.  For today, here's a verse to meditate upon:

Therefore be careful how you walk,
Not as unwise men but as wise,
Making the most of your time
Because the days are evil
Ephesians 5:15-16

My dad spoke about this verse yesterday at church, reminding us that we really should carefully consider how we spend our time, as well as other gifts that God gives us, making sure that we are truly making the most of those things for the glory of our Almighty Father.  He gives us 24 hours every day--no more, no less--how do you spend your time?  Is it more for God's glory or for yourself?  I hope that you are as challenged by that as I am.  It doesn't mean that we have to cut out every activity, it just means that we should manage our time well, and then as we are working or playing or whatever we are doing, we should be focused on how God wants to use us in any circumstance.  God deserves no less than our very best, so today, consider these things and worship Him with your whole life by honoring His gift of time.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

OH AMY, I AM SO CONVICTED OF THE TIME THAT IO USE THAT'S NOT FOR GOD'S GLORY. I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HEAR CHUCK MESSAGE. I COMPLAIN SO MUCH THAT I SOOOOO BUSY AND TIRED, AND THAT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR ANYTHING THAT I WANT TO DO. OH HOW WRONG THAT IS. THANK YOU FOR THE INSIGHT. I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND THE ENCOURAGEMENT THAT I GET FROM ALL OF YOU!!!!! LOVE YOU, KATHY E

Anonymous said...

Amy you must really be blessed to have such a wonderful, thoughtful, and humanly perfect brother! Now I understand your mothers facebook status a couple days ago. I'm glad you had a GREAT weekend away!

Anonymous :)