Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Boy Turns 2




Yesterday we had a celebration for Jake.  It's hard to believe that he's already two years old!  He's hardly a baby anymore and he is learning so much every day.  

I made his birthday cake the night before, and the whole time he kept singing "Happy Birthday to You", except he would always sing it about Ashlyn.  I never could get him to fill in his name!

When he was born, I cried during his delivery when my doctor exclaimed, "It's a boy!"  I don't think I realized how happy I would be to have a boy.  So far, raising Jake has definitely been bit different than raising our girls!  It is so fascinating (and tiring) to observe the natural distinctions that God gave to boys and to girls!

So we celebrated, along with "Mee" Mouse and all his pals from the Clubhouse!  I love my boy!!!!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD MOTHER! I THANK GOD FOR YOU!!!!!! LOVE YA -KATHY E

ashley brumley said...

you dad's message was awesome! that was cool how the shoes represented something! AMEN is my only description! happy late b-day jake!!! see ya tonight liddles

ashley