Saturday, August 2, 2008

I Love My Mom & Dad


I'm tired. I haven't had much time to write the past couple of days, as I have been doing things that are very productive, but don't allow any time to sit at my computer. Yesterday I picked green beans and broke them with my precious grandparents. Mom and I were going to can the beans, but we ran out of time yesterday due to a Beth Moore weekend simulcast event that we were attending at church.

After a few miracles (the satellite wasn't working) we were actually able to view the event and it was really good. But today was even better.

God has been speaking to me about my laziness of spending good quality study time in the Word. Really, the only time I can do it is in the mornings, because every other--and I do mean EVERY OTHER MOMENT of my day is filled. Yes, I do have some down time where I can sit and write sometimes, but for the study of God's Word and good personal time with God I need to be free of distraction. The mornings offer that for me. However, lately, I have just been pulling the covers over my head. Not that it is bad for everyone, but for me, when I feel God urging me to get up and I do that, I believe it is wrong when I refuse. So, I was reminded this weekend of how I HAVE TO BE deeply in the Word if I want to grow and fulfill God's purpose for my life. I needed that. Pray for me that I can get up early now!!!!!!

At the end of the simulcast, we were supposed to look at the person next to us and give some specific words of encouragement, given by Beth Moore. Mom was my partner, and I got so emotional, because I knew that she REALLY meant them for me. Mom has always been one of my biggest fans and has done NOTHING in my life except for encourage me to walk in the ways of God. I used to get mad at her for always bringing out the "spiritual" part of every situation, but oh, how I am thankful now!!! So today, we got the opportunity to can those green beans, and in the process (the very long process) I continued to build on the already firm relationship that I have with my mom. And, I can't forget my awesome Dad, who would do ANYTHING in the world for me. In fact, he watched all three of the young 'uns today so that I could go to the simulcast. AND, he cleaned my house!!! Sometimes I wonder why I have been so blessed. Thank you LORD!!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

you really need to preface this post for the need to have a tissue on hand.

Unknown said...

I know, right, Bridgett? I got tears in my eyes, too! I'll be praying for your getting up in the mornings. What a blessing to have such wonderful godly parents, girl! Love and miss you...

Lacey said...

Gosh, I love your parents too. Stories like that always make me miss my mom - and I am so glad you have the opportunity to live near her and enjoy her in your life. Guess what?? I was doing green beans and corns yesterday too. Hehe