Wednesday, August 6, 2008

He Cares For All


Matthew 18:10 - "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven."

This morning I was seriously convicted by that verse.  I believe and have read that the "little children" part refers to other believers who may be easily thrown off course or may stumble.  The command is that we do not look down on these fellow believers, since, as with all believers, there are angels who are waiting for God's command to come to their aid when needed.  That simply tells me that God is very concerned with all of our lives, so who am I to look down upon or forget about those who may be struggling? 

I noticed that in the verses immediately following, Jesus tells the parable about the lost sheep; about how much He cares for even one that may be stumbling or has fallen away (not from grace, but from the will of God).  The next passage teaches us how to gracefully deal with a stumbling brother in the church for restoration, and the next passage commands (and I do mean commands) us to forgive our brothers and sisters with unending grace, since God has done the same for us.

So, as I was reading this chapter as a whole, I was thinking of a particular situation in my life.  The Lord reminded me in a very powerful way that I am to forgive, love and PRAY PRAY PRAY about my words and actions.  God cares for all of His children very much, and no matter what has happened, He does not desire for anyone to be astray.  Notice that this chapter begins with a lesson from Jesus on humility, as He said that ALL must come to Him as little children.  May we never forget:  we are ALL dependent on His amazing grace, and that grace is never out of reach.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yo Liddle - That is really awesome that way you're reading into that scripture. Me and Kristy were just talking about that very verse the other night. We were also talking about how we think Jesus is talking about young believers, not just children....sounds like we need to all talk about this together! Thanks for the words! Enjoy reading the posts, keep it up!

Mack

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, nice picture on that post as well! I recognized that right away! Wish I was there right now.

mj