Friday, August 15, 2008

Ballet!


Emily started ballet this week!  She has been so excited about this, and loves wearing her little tutu, tights and shoes.  This is no big surprise, though, and I can totally see her enjoying this.  It's such a change from Ashlyn, who tried one ballet class a couple of years ago and begged-I do mean BEGGED (with tears and all)-me not to take her back.  We didn't go back, and now she is starting her fourth season of soccer.  

Anyway, Emily gets to take the class with two of her best buds, Caroline and Anna Keith.  These girls, along with a few others, have been together in the church nursery and in Sunday School since birth.  They are so funny together, role playing princesses and such.  We (their mothers and I) often wonder how their relationships with each other will unfold as they grow up together.  Although we hope that they will always remain close and support each other, only time will tell.  But for now we will laugh, take pictures and ooh and ah at them as they perform their recital and pretend to be princesses, knowing that to us, that is exactly what they are.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I need a full body shot of Emily in her outfit. Shoes and all, maybe performing one of her new poses she has learned!! :) PLEASE? I'm begging with tears in my eyes. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!! Emily has that smile down pat. It is so good, at any age, to have wonderful friends. May they always stay "best buds".

Aunt Wina

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest picture!!! They are so precious. I too need a full body shot of Emily. PLEEEEESE!!!!

Anonymous said...

the above is from me, your mother.

The Sparks said...

Memories of wonderful childhood times with you just came flooding back...I praise God for all the fun times we had together.