Monday, August 4, 2008

About Our Friends....




It has been a weekend of emotion for me (and alot of other people I know).  Losing a pastor is a terrible loss in and of itself; but we're also losing some of our best friends in Aaron & Kelly.  Okay, so I know they didn't die or anything.  And I know that they feel God calling them elsewhere.  I know we will see them again.  But I still feel a great loss.  We have had some great times with the Hogues, so what can I say?  It's just hard when you have to let go sometimes.  From vacationing together to being prayer partners to just having pizza together on a Sunday night, we have just been really close and we love them so much.  

The other morning Aaron was saying how difficult it can be to balance the enjoyment of life with the sacrificial living we are called to do.  We agreed and concluded that the balance comes when your joy is found ONLY in the Lord.  We have not been put on this earth merely for our own enjoyment and pleasure.  We are here to glorify the Most High and build His kingdom.  When you find your joy in Him alone, then you can find peace and enjoyment in circumstances that may not have been your first choice otherwise.  God has been speaking to me about the temporal nature of this world for several years now, so it is clear to me that this world is not our home, and that one day all of these people who have been separated on earth, doing the Lord's work, will have a big reunion...forever!  Okay, now I really am starting to talk like they're dead.  I'll stop with that.  I'm just going to miss them! 

1 comment :

Em said...

I don't know how I found your blog, but I am Mac's sister from Funk Seminary. I just read your blog and have been convicted of the same thing. Our joy and life should be found in Christ alone, He should fill us. Everything else is an abundance; family, spouse, friends, job, home....it is so hard because this world calls attention to all things but Christ. I totally understand what you are saying!