Monday, August 11, 2008

The First Day of School



Today was the first official day of our school year here at home.  Today was also my first day ever homeschooling with an 18-month old boy around.  OH MY!!!  Yes, I am not ashamed to admit that it certainly was a challenge.  We tried to start out with piano lessons, but we had to postpone because apparently he wants to learn to play too.  So, we simply switched to our Bible lesson and the day went on.  Ashlyn did a great job, as did Emily.  So, it wasn't terrible, it was just a wee more difficult because Jake is so into everything.  EVERYTHING (note the first picture above).  Yes he climbed up there by himself. See what I mean?  But what would we do without boys, right?  

Anyway, it's just like I tell my piano students...anything worth doing is hard work.  And isn't that true?  So, even though I will continue to face challenges, there is nothing I would trade for this opportunity to educate my kids.  I am so thankful that I get to teach them, while learning things for myself at the same time.  Let's see...what lesson did I learn today?  Teach piano during naptime!!!  :) 

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that he climbed in the sink on his own! My little bro did the same thing when he was that age! Hope you're doin good.
-Elizabeth Ann Smith