Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wide-Eyed

I'm convinced that it's God's way of preparing me for all the sleep I'm not going to be getting for the next few weeks (or months).

It seems that towards the end of all my pregnancies, I wake up around 3-4:00 am--WIDE awake. I typically get up early, but most of the time it isn't until around 5:30 or 6:00, since, in our household, no one usually rouses until 7:30-ish (for now).

However, I try to look at the bright side and realize that I'm getting at least 2 or 3 hours of uninterrupted time! I do take advantage of this, because even though I'm not getting much sleep, at least now I can decide what to do with my extra time in the mornings. When the little one comes, that will pretty much be decided for me!

Speaking of the little one, if all goes as planned, he or she will be here two weeks from today!!! The girls have made a pink and blue paper chain in their room and tear off a piece each night. Jacob has a fascination with peeking at my "big bewee" (belly), and Emily goes to the "hospital" to have a child nearly every day. We are all excited!

Wow, God is so gracious and I'm thankful for His blessings. These quiet moments are precious to me amidst the constant flurry of activity that comes with having small children at home. God is faithful to fill my soul and give me encouragement to face the day. And even though I have (and will have) many extra-tired moments throughout the day, He always gives strength and stamina when I need it most.

I hope you find encouragement in this Psalm today as I have:

I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth
My soul will make its boast in the LORD;
The humble will hear it and rejoice.
O magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.

I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces will never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him
And saved him out of all his troubles.

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him,
And rescues them.
O taste and see that the LORD is good;
How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

Psalm 34:1-8

No comments :