Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scary Stuff

Not too long ago, I was upstairs having school with the girls, when I heard Jacob, who was playing downstairs, scream a most horrible scream.

It was the kind of scream that prompted me to run straight to him because I recognized the fear in his voice.

I got to the top of the steps and could see him standing near the front door, his blanket up to his face, frozen with fear. Amidst the crying, he kept saying, "That 'care me! That 'care me!" I couldn't imagine what he'd seen!

I was a little nervous, because I thought that maybe he'd seen someone out the front door or something like that. I picked him up and tried to comfort him, cautiously peeking out the front door. Then he pointed to the window in the next room. I said, "Jacob, what scared you?"

He pointed out the window to my flower pot on the porch and said, "That!"

Pretty scary, huh? He still talks about it now, though he isn't afraid anymore. I think I'll just leave it there as a Halloween decoration, right next to the Jack-o-Lanterns.

4 comments :

mom said...

ha ha ha ha.....that's hilarious Amy!!!!

Lacey said...

That IS funny. Maybe it's the age. Piper wakes up every morning and points out her window saying, "Scary - that guy!" And I THINK she is pointing at a tree but I cannot help but wonder if some guy is lurking around the window.

Julie said...

That. Is. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

AMY, IT WOULDN'T DO FOR FOR JACOB TO COME TO MY HOUSE, THAT'S HOW ALL MY PLANTS LOOK!!!!! THIS IS SOOOO FUNNY.
HOPE YOU'RE FEELING OKAY, PLEASE TAKE IT EASY ON YOUR CAMPING TRIP. LOVE YOU KATHY E