Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Little Catch-Up

Hello!  After spending lots of time this summer being outside in the wonderfully mild weather (and eating WAY too many s'mores), I am ready to re-enter the world of blogging.  Not too much has changed for our family in the last few weeks, but I am definitely larger and gaining weight faster this days.  In fact, d-day (delivery day) has been scheduled for October 14.  If all goes as planned, we will be welcoming young baby Liddle into the world in just a few short weeks.  I can hardly believe it!  

Let's see, as far as an update on the kids, Ashlyn turned 8 years old this summer and is in the middle of soccer season right now.  She is maturing quickly and I am enjoying sweet conversations with her.  She decided to cut her own hair a few weeks ago after she ran into a pine limb and got a bunch of sap stuck in it (I think I cried).  She has since told me, "Maybe God wants me to be a hair cutter, since I cut bangs for myself".  I have my doubts, but I guess she's seeing the positive side!  As you can see, she is still our animal lover!
Emily has turned into our resident cook, making a dish the other day which she entitled "The New Macaroni".  It was a scrumptious soup made up of two chips, peas, a piece of cheese and a brownie.  Fortunately, because it was pretend food, I could pretend to really like it.  She cooks for us every day, and she loves pretending to be all grown-up!
And then there's Jacob, oh Jacob.  He is "all-boy" as they say, and really I can't think of a better way to describe him.  He also loves making us laugh and is actually a very funny kid.  His favorite thing is to make really silly faces.

Ah, the summer has been good and the Lord has blessed me with a healthy pregnancy.  I pray (and would appreciate your prayers), that God would bring this child into the world in a safe and healthy manner, and that He would grant us strength and patience as we begin this journey yet again.  Summer is drawing to a close and we are approaching the commencement of a new earthly season as well as a new season in our lives.  I thank Him for what He has done and look forward to what is to come!  

3 comments :

Lacey said...

Glad you're back!

cousin holly said...

Glad your summer has went well and glad you are back.

Merlin Winchestr said...

Welcome back, Amy!!! :D Glad your pregnancy is goin' good!!! Sounds like ya'll had a good summer. :) See ya later!!!! :P