Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Answer

The question was simply, "Ashlyn, do remember what we studied last year about Roman Numerals?"  Before she even had a chance to answer, Jacob piped up, "I know!  Jesus!"  

At dinnertime, Ashlyn was asking a question about writing a number in the thousands, and again, Jacob yelled at the top of his lungs, "I know, I know!!!  How 'bout Jesus?!"

He has done this several times, answering random questions with "Jesus!"  I honestly don't know where he has learned that, but we all think it's so funny!!!  It's like he really thinks the answer to everything is "Jesus!"

Wait a minute, isn't that kind of true, in a sense?  Okay, I'm not talking about the answer to math problems or things of that sort, but in a greater sense, having to do with life and problems and the journey that we are on.  He really is the answer, isn't He?  

When I feel overwhelmed, He is my refuge.

When I am afraid, He is my comfort.

When I am alone, He is my companion.

When I am tired, He is my rest.

When I am troubled, He is my peace.

When I was dead in my sin, He was my Savior.

And when I worry about the plight of this world, He reminds me that He is Sovereign Lord, and I have nothing to fear in Him.

What a peace to know that I have a relationship with the One who is truly the Answer for my every need.  If Jesus is everything to me now, I can hardly imagine what it will be like when I get to behold Him with my eyes, face to face one day!  But until then, I cling tight to His promises that are found in the truth of His Word and I am encouraged.  I pray that you are too! 

He [Jesus] is before all things, 
and in Him all things hold together.
Colossians 1:17

5 comments :

Merlin Winchestr said...

Amen, Amy!!!! Jesus is the answer to everything... except in school in math and science and stuff. Lol :P But, jokes uside, He is the answer!!!! Great post, Amy!!! Can't wait for more. :)

Annette said...

I'm so glad you're back! That Jacob is such a cute little guy and smart too! He knows that Jesus is the answer!

Holly said...

Love it!! You know he has Jesus on his mind.:) Love the verse as well. Going to have to go read it in my Bible before bed.

Lacey said...

I love how little kids think Jesus is the answer every adult wants to hear. But, you're right. or, rather - Jacob's right. And I will repeat - i am glad to see Liddle Blog Updates.

mom said...

My prayer is that he will always say and know in his heart that "Jesus" is the answer to and for everything! I love the illustrations.