Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Three Sweet Arrows


Emily told me the other day:
"Mommy, I must be getting sick; I've been bleshuing all day."

Let me break that word down for you.  Bless-you-ing.  Yes, that's what she calls sneezing.  I can't bring myself to correct her.  No way.  Kind of like when she sings "Away in the manger" and at the last line says "the little Lord Jesus asleep on the head".  Well, He probably was asleep on His head, right?  I actually did try to correct that one before she sang it in church, but she was emphatic that it was not "hay" but "head".  Oh well...she'll learn too soon, right?

Ashlyn sang her first church solo tonight during the Christmas play and did a great job.  I've tried to get her to sing before, but have never been successful until now.  I can't help but wonder if perhaps she did it this time because the verse was about the animals in the stable (she sang about the cow who gave Jesus his manger to sleep in).  She loves animals...it sometimes works to meet her where she is!!  There may have been other reasons that she decided to sing this time, but no matter what the reason, I was proud of her--not just for singing, but for her excitement and great attitude toward her Christmas "performances" this year!

Finally, Jake has been learning some words to "Jesus Loves Me".  It was playing in the car tonight, and when it was over, he uttered two syllables..."a--din".  He said it a couple of times more until I finally figured it out:  AGAIN!  When I flipped it back, he said "Yeah!"  Then he was trying so hard to sing it.  He came out with a few words...Bible, so, Jesus.  At least it was the important ones!  

I've lost my patience with my kids on more than one occasion, but even in the worst of those moments I (obviously) wouldn't trade them for the world.  I take the responsibility that God has given to me as their mother very seriously, and I just pray that His grace will cover my mistakes as I try to set a good example to them of a Godly parent and person.  What a blessing they are to me!!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being such a good mother. I am excited to see what God has in store for them in their future.

Anonymous said...

Great Pic of the kids.
ann

Lacey said...

Hey - that's so funny. My kids call sneezes "bless you's" too. I don't correct them either!! :-)