Monday, December 15, 2008

The Center of the Nativity

Thankfully my internet connection has been re-established.  It was on the blink for the last couple of days, I'm guessing because of the high winds yesterday.  We are too rural to have a cable or DSL connection, so we are on a broadband antennae type thing.  It works well most of the time, but when bad weather comes it's not always reliable.

Anyway...the Christmas season is rolling on for us, with too much food and not enough sleep--and I am enjoying every minute of it!!  More importantly, however, I am so thankful for all the great fellowship with our friends and loved ones, always keeping in mind the reason of our celebrations.  Speaking of that, I want you to notice something in this picture.  

This is a play nativity set that we got Emily for her birthday.  It has been the best thing--she loves to play with it, and it keeps her out of my breakable one.  But do you notice how she has the animals placed?  I was discussing this with a good friend of mine the other day, and she said that her daughter does the same thing.  When we set up our nativity scenes, we carefully place the shepherds, the wise men and the animals either in or around the stable, but most always facing OUT.  However, both of our children are very particular about placing the characters in a circle around the front of the stable so that they can ALL see the baby Jesus.  Not only are they very intentional about the arrangement, but if it's messed with, they are quick to let us know that it's not right!!  I just thought that was so neat, as it reminds me of the precious and unreserved admiration that comes from the hearts of children.  I pray that I will become as dedicated to making sure Christ is the center of all my attention!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

How strange, Amy. Me, my sister, and my brother all do the same thing. Maybe it's just a kid thing. I don't know. It just seemed natural. Great point though!!! :) :) :) :)

ashley brumley said...

amen!!

ashley ellen brumley

Anonymous said...

Oh the things you learn from children!!!

Ann Hanson said...

Nice judy, real nice. I expect this of you.