Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas friends!  I hope that you have all been having a wonderful Christmas season, and not sharing the sentiment of Emily's rendition of the song "The First Noel".  After all, the chorus that she sings says, "Oh well, oh well, oh well, oh well....."  Of course she really thinks that's how the song goes!!  

Speaking of songs, I have been listening to one this year by the group Selah, and I wanted to share some of the lyrics with you.  Some of you may know this song, but as I have thought about what the song says, it has been a reminder of the great mystery of God.  I realize that I don't have to understand everything about God before I trust Him with my life.  I don't understand the mechanics of the workings of my house, yet I live in it and use the lights, the internet and television every day.  But that's another blog for another day.

But as I was listening to this song, "Mystery", the other day, I was overwhelmed by the love of God, realizing that before He even created man He knew that He would have to sacrifice His Son for us...yet He still created us!!  I believe that God is wholly sovereign, and I say, who can understand His mind?  I don't have to.  I believe, based on His Word and His work in my life, in His perfect goodness.  I believe that He is totally in control.  I believe in His plan for humanity.  I believe in His everlasting love.  And that's what makes Christmas more special than anything else.  I really look forward to tonight, when all of our family will gather around, and we will talk about Jesus--what He has done and what He is doing in our lives and for world.  I hope that you will find time to do that as well.  Merry Christmas!!

"Mystery" by Selah
A child was born on Christmas Day
Born to save the world
But long before the world began
He knew His death was sure
The pain and strife secured

Mystery, how He came to be a man
But greater still, how His death was in His plan
God predestined that His Son would die
And He still created man
Oh, what love is this, that His death was in His hands
Mystery

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Amy!!!! Great blog!!!! God bless and have a great day with family and friends tomorrow, Amy. See you at church soon I hope!!!!! :) :) :)