Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Brown Eyed Boy

This little guy turns 3 tomorrow.

After having two girls, and not knowing what #3 would be, I went into the hospital thinking that it really didn't matter to me. I remember thinking that I would really be just as happy if it was another girl. HOWEVER, when I was in surgery, and my doctor exclaimed the words, "It's a boy!" I realized how much I must have really wanted a boy down deep. I was so happy!! I remember crying as soon as I heard those words!
When I get out the vacuum cleaner, I usually have to fight Jake for it. He loves to "bacern clean"!! Don't worry, I always take advantage of his eagerness to help. He like to suck up dirt with the hose, which always needs to be done somewhere in the house!
We decided to have his "Monster Jam" party a little early so that his cousins from Texas could come!
Jake loves to be outside. He will walk to Mimi and Poppy's in the dark. He will stay outside and play by himself for as long as I will let him, no matter the weather. I have to be careful, because he likes to roam around (like go to Mom and Dad's without telling me, or down to the woods). He has scared me more than once!!!
Jake got this chainsaw for Christmas because Jason got one, and he loves to imitate his daddy! Oh, how we love our little Jake! He can be the sweetest kid most of the time, using manners and telling me he loves me at random times. He can also be quite mischievous (that is a huge understatement). But he is so sweet with baby Evan and loves to imitate his sisters. I love the way he loves to make people laugh and the way he says, "That's spatastic!" (fantastic). For sure, raising this boy is way different than my experience with my girls, but I love it!

Happy Birthday Jake!!!!

9 comments :

Unknown said...

I love this precious little hunk of humanity!

Kayla said...

Does that mean he wont be in my Sunday School class anymore?? That makes me sad... He is so much fun to have!! He is so funny and is usually the only one who will answer questions about the Bible story!! Happy Birthday Jake!!

Julie said...

What a wonderful post. Happy birthday, Jake!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!!!!! HE IS SO PRECIOUS!!! IN ONE OF THOSE PICTURES HE REMINDED ME OF JOSH. I THINK HE'LL BE THE COMEDIAN OF THE FAMILY... LOVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. HAVE HA HAPPY BIRTHING DAY TO YOU AMY!!!! LOVE YA, KATHY E

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Amy that little boy of yours is just adorable. I could just eat him up! Too cute! I soooo enjoy having boys!!! But I am thankful too that God blessed me with a little girl! Enjoy 3 little one!

mom said...

Jacob! Jacob! Jacob! He does have a personality of his own. Such a Joy!! Most of the time!!! ha I cherish every hug I get from that little boy! Happy birthday to my sweet little grandson!

Anonymous said...

He's so adorable! So much character in that little one! Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jake!! You are such a special little man. I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!!! Aunt Wina

Mama Yahoo said...

Caroline got a calendar for Christmas this year. Each day she writes on it the most special thing about that day. Today she wrote "jake liddles birthday." Reese wanted to call mom just to tell her it was Jake's birthday. Needless to say, a big 'Happy Birthday' to Jake from our whole family.