Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Days!


Happy Snow everyone!!! We are loving the snow. The kids went sledding the other day in whopping 14 degree weather. It doesn't even phase them, it seems. Just give 'em a hill and sled and they forget about the temperature. I love it!

This past Friday, we made bird feeders with pine cones. We spread peanut butter on the pine cones (which were huge ones that I got from my brother when he lived in Georgia), then we sprinkled them with as much bird seed as we could.
We took them outside and replaced our regular bird feeders with these. I wasn't sure if the birds would like them, but as you will see in the photos below, they are a hit!! Ashlyn told me about the idea after she saw it on the Disney Channel (three special steps...anybody with me here?) :)
Do you like Jake's new snowsuit? I found this on sale and decided to get it. The first thing he said when I put it on him was "I don't have to wear pink!" (For a refresher on why he said this, click here.)


Check out the Tufted Titmouse enjoying our birdfeeder! It's almost time for a refill!

2 comments :

mom said...

That is just really really neat! Great job on the bird feeders and the blog!!

The Sparks said...

A few years ago, we brought home pine cones from Granny Hill's house and made bird feeders out of them. We had a great time and our birds loved them too. I meant to get some more pinecones when we were up for Thanksgiving, but forgot. She has huge ones in her yard too. Enjoy the snow - wish we had some.