Thursday, January 14, 2010

She Cracks Me Up


My kids make me laugh.
Here was the dialogue from the other night:

Me: Emily, what would you like on your burger?

Emily: Um, that round thing....

Me: A tomato?

Emily: No! It's round....it's like ham or something?

Me: Hmmm...an onion?

Emily: (getting increasingly frustrated) No! It's like...it's round!! I have one upstairs [in her play food box]. I'll go get it.

She comes back downstairs with a play pancake.

Well, I couldn't find it, but it looks like this [she is circling the pancake with her finger]. It's ROUND like this. But it's like....it's like deer meat or something.

I pick up a burger to place it on the bread (we were having frisco melts).

Emily: That!!! That's what I want on my burger...that brown round thing you're picking up!

Problem solved. Emily wanted a burger on her burger. Good one Em!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

AMY, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU COULDN'T FIGURE THAT ONE OUT!!!! I LOVE KIDS. LOVE YOU, KATHY E

Julie said...

Love it!

Leisa said...

your kids are so stinking cute!

mom said...

that is hilarious!!!