Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Refreshing 12 Minutes


09/04/08 - 5:47 pm
Emily:  (to Ashlyn) You are mean to me!!!
Me:  What did you say Ashlyn?
Emily:  She said she wouldn't share the movie with me!
Me:  Did you say that Ashlyn?
Ashlyn:  Yes.  But she hit me!
Me:  Did you hit your sister, Emily?
Emily:  Yes.

5:51 pm
Me:  Girls, you all love each other, right?
Them:  Yeah.
Me:  Then show me.  Go hug each other.
Them:  (big hug, half-heartedly at first on Ashlyn's part)
Me:  (laughing on the inside) Now kiss each other.
Emily:  (makes hilarious face with lips puckered to the max)
Ashlyn:  (busts out laughing)

5:59 pm
Them:  (go to play as if nothing ever happened)

How refreshing is the "no strings attached" forgiveness of children!  No "I will if you..." and no holding grudges.  I really think I can learn from this...

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Cute picture Amy!!!! Ashlyn and Emily look so cute! And you're right we can learn from them!
-Elizabeth Smith

Anonymous said...

TOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!! I can just see Emily with her lips puckered out and then hear Ashlyn's most contagious laugh!!! I thank God so much for your wisdom in the way you are teaching your children. They are so precious!!!!