Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful


This week has been interesting to say the least.  Thanks to all of you who have committed prayers for our family this week with the death of my uncle.  Please continue to remember my grandmother especially, since her brother passed away this morning.  My uncle was like a son to her, and she was very close to her brother.  My mamaw is a wonderful person, and we agreed tonight that even though it is a sad Thanksgiving week for us, we can be thankful that both of these men are for sure with the Lord.  I praise God for the peace that comes from knowing that they are in a better place.

I am also thankful this week for my husband and our children, who bring so much light to our lives.  When Emily saw Uncle Clint's body tonight at the funeral home, she noticed his hands (the hand with the missing finger was covered by his other hand).  Emily got so excited and said "He must be in heaven now!  He got his finger back!!"  How precious!

Ashlyn has such a great outlook as well.  The other night we got a surprise snow.  We were headed to my brother's house, and as were getting out of the car, Ashlyn confidently told Jason, "The weatherman didn't say it was going to snow, but God did, and He's all-powerful!  He's in charge!  He's the judge!"  How true and sweet, especially coming from a seven year old!

I have much to be thankful for, including how God has worked so much in my life in the recent years.  He has changed my heart so much, and even though I have so much to learn, I am so thankful for His patience and love towards me.  He answers my prayers in ways I could never anticipate, and it is always better than anything I would have ever imagined.  What are you thankful for?  Take time this week to notice the ways, big and small, where He is working in your life--and give thanks!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

My heart is so warmed by your comments and thoughts. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, have missed your comments this week. I know it has been rough on your family but also know God is so good and meets our every need. I rode the school bus with your Uncle Clint when we went to Hubble University. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Judy, Your the best