Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change


Well, with the election finally over, I must say that today I have been very much at peace.  Disappointed, but at peace.  I am still unsure of what lies ahead.  From the things I have heard, read and seen, I can't help but wonder what our country will look like four years from now.  My first reaction is negative, but I will not worry.  I know for certain that God has allowed this, and even though I don't understand, it doesn't change who God is and what He is doing.  

This morning I broke the news to Ashlyn that Obama would be our next president.  So tonight, as I was putting the girls to bed, she prayed, "Lord, we don't know why you chose Obama to be our president, but we pray that He would do things that You want Him to do."  She nailed it!  We must pray for him, as well as all of our state and national leaders.  Agree or disagree, it comes down to whether or not we are being obedient to God's Word.  Love your enemies.  Do good to those that persecute you.  Pray for those in authority.  As far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.  This is the bottom line for Christians.  If we want change, let's go from the inside out.  

I believe wholly in the faithfulness and sovereignty of my Lord.  He is so much bigger than my finite mind can comprehend.  I rest in the assurance that I don't have to understand, but just follow and obey.  I urge you to pray, as I am, for America and for our leaders.  And pray for the church, that we would be united and TRULY show the world what God's love is all about.  Now THAT would be change you can believe in!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

:) Amen! I have peace now too, but when he takes office i have a feeling i will need a double dose then.:) God is good and i pray for the harvest of souls that have yet to be won(and our leaders). As the world is getting darker, the LIGHT shines brighter!!! I look forward to your blogs and i will especially look forward to facing the future with ya!!!
Holly

Anonymous said...

Yes, i have a calm as well, when God reminded me that not matter what happens His will is set, God's will is going ot happen to matter how we feel or what we may think should happen, He is in control and already knows the outcome so why should I be upset or worry...."greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world"!!!