Monday, November 3, 2008

My King


He who loves his life loses it
And he who hates his life in this world
Will keep it to life eternal.
John 12:25

I have read that scripture so many times in the past, but today when I read it, it hit me hard.  I think maybe it was the part about "in this world".  With everything going on, and all the uncertainty of what's to come, it brings such peace to know that the Person in whom I REALLY have hope.....actually IS the King above all kings. 

I have found great encouragement the past few days, just in talking with people who love God, about how no matter what happens in this life, Christ is the Solid Rock that will stand for all time.  He will not be moved.  He will not be shaken.  He is in total control.  It's difficult to understand how people can move around and breathe without knowing that kind of peace.  Sadly, many just try to fill the void with falsehoods and idols, unaware that they are playing into the hands of the great deceiver.  I am so thankful to God that I can depend on His promises and deliverance.  

In the next few verses of John 12, Jesus speaks of His death, saying, "My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, 'Father, save Me from this hour'?  But for this purpose I came to this hour.  Father, glorify Your name."  It just makes me think about how Jesus, being human, was surely horrified at what was to come.  But He KNEW it had to happen.  He knew it was His purpose.  His main concern was that God would be glorified.  

I pray that God would help me to have more of a heart like Christ.  Yes, I will pray steadily against the schemes of the enemy, as I believe we all should.  But at the same time, I will not forget that God must and WILL be glorified, no matter what has to happen.  For a short time, the cross was a victory symbol for the enemy.  But now, it is and has been the victory symbol of our Savior - and us.  Who can know the mind of God?  He is sovereign, and He will be victorious.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

AMEN AND AMEN!!!! THIS BLOG IS SO GREAT. THANK YOU FOR GIVING YOUR TIME TO THE SAVIOR. I SO LOOK FORWARD TO EACH MORNING THAT I GET TO READ YOUR BLOG! PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!!! LOVE YOU
KATHY E

Anonymous said...

I have found peace about this election by knowing that many, many people are praying for the right outcome. And even though I think I know who needs to win, I know God is in control and He will use the president elected to bring about His will, even though it may be uncomfortable for us. But we know the end of the story! PRAISE BE TO GOD! Thans for your blog! Annette