Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Good Weekend


I have had a really good weekend, but really busy at the same time.  That seems to be the norm lately!!  I had the opportunity to go on a women's (WMU) retreat this weekend at one of my favorite places...Cedarmore!  I feel so refreshed, as it was just a really great time to get away for a night and be encouraged spiritually.  One of my favorite parts was listening to a girl named Gabi who had spent two years as a missionary in South Africa.  It is just really inspiring to me to hear about so many different types of ministries going on around the world.  It encourages me to be even more diligent in my own mission field...my family!!  

I really believe that for "such a time as this", God has given me the responsibility and mission to make sure that my children are grounded in the truth of His Word.  I often wonder about what kinds of things they will face as Christians one day.  I have such a strong desire and I feel a great urgency to make sure that they see God's Word as the final authority and to never turn away from Him or deny Him--no matter what.  

I was reminded this weekend of the absolute necessity of prayer every morning.  Not just a sentence here and there, but true, on-my-knees, focused-on-God-alone prayer.  I MUST be diligent.  Even when I want to hit snooze.  Even when I don't "feel" like it.  And it's not because I will feel guilty if I don't do it.  It's because I know that prayer is extremely vital to my role as a mother, wife and Christian, as well as for my children and husband.  I so desire to be the woman that God wants me to be, and I am so thankful for times when I am able to step away for a few hours, evaluate where I am, understand where I need to go, and be encouraged to remain diligent.  I desperately need God's leadership every day, and I cannot thank Him enough that He is more than willing to do just that.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

i love your new blog layout!

Anonymous said...

It was a weekend filled with inspiration. You're right Gabi was the best! We need to invite her to PV sometime to talk to our youth.