Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Fog


I am very tired tonight, but I have been so busy (not just physically but also mentally) that I have not had time to post for the past couple of days.  So, tonight I want to share with you something that I have been pondering all week.

Last Sunday, I was driving to Lexington early in the morning, and about halfway there I saw this very thick fog ahead of me.  My first thought was I don't want to drive through that.  But, of course I kept on driving, and once I entered the fog, as with all the other fogs I've driven through, I could see just enough to keep going.

Immediately, I guess you could say my second thought, was how the fog I was facing relates to the steps of faith that we are called to take in obedience to God.  Sometimes we know that God is calling us to do something, but when we look at it, it just looks like a thick fog--we can't see exactly what's ahead.  But God, in His goodness, is so faithful to lead us.  When we agree to enter "the fog" (step out in faith), He allows us to see just ahead of us--enough to keep us going--so that we have to trust Him completely.  

This has been true in my life lately.  I believe without a doubt that through that minute or two of driving, God was teaching me a truth that directly applies to a situation our family has been facing.  I am so amazed at my God!!!  He is so good!!  He is so faithful!!!  He is so trustworthy.  And though sometimes doubts try to creep in, I will stand firm on His promise to be with me always and to lead me without fail.  There is no reason to fear when you know you are obeying God, because even when you can't see exactly what's going on, you know that when He is leading, you couldn't be any more safe.

Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous!
Do not tremble or be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you
wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Amen!! and a timely word for me as well!!!

Anonymous said...

that was me Holly:)