Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why We Like Thursdays


Today, on the way home from co-op, I asked Jake, "So what did you learn in co-op today?"

Without hesitation, he replied, "I learned about snacks."

I laughed, because I know my kids, and I know how much they love snacks. So of course it is only natural that snacktime is what stood out to him!

Jake loves going to co-op. So does Emily. So does Ashlyn. So do I.

It's a great break from the normal routine, and for them, a great chance to see their friends and learn about things that perhaps I am not so good at teaching. Things like art.

For me, it's a chance to get to know other moms who are in the same stage of life as me, facing similar challenges and experiencing similar joys. It's a chance to check myself against other homeschooling methods, curricula and schedules, not to compare, but to gain insight and ideas (I need plenty of those). It's a good chance for me to just enjoy having conversations, knowing that my children are in good hands-- learning, playing, and of course.....snacking.

Thank you, my co-op friends. You are a blessing!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Amy I'm sure you blessed co-op also and I agree with Jake, I really like snack time also. love you