Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Week at the Liddles

Merry Christmas!!!

We had a good week here at the Liddle home, starting with the "big snow" we had last weekend! It may have only been a few inches, but it was at least big enough to go sledding and also to make a huge snowman! Jacob and Emily also helped, even though they aren't pictured. Sadly, this snowman didn't last long. He fell forward that night and Ashlyn discovered that his nose had come out the back of his head. :(


On Christmas Eve, we made red velvet cupcakes and I let the kids put icing and sprinkles on them. They each had their own pan of cupcakes and their own portion of icing. Jacob took advantage of this, because most every time I looked over to see how things were going, I caught him sneaking and eating the icing. I let him get by with it most of the time--it's Christmas, right?

Emily's Christmas wish came true this morning when she opened up "Josephina", the American Girl doll that she has talked about for months. So, today at our family dinner, I happened to see her, along with Ashlyn, trying to teach Josephina to walk. I was glad that I had my camera in hand! In the picture, Emily is saying, "Come on, you can do it!!" And Ashlyn walked her over to Emily and then they both hugged her and cheered. HA!
Probably the greatest highlight for me this week was that this was little Evan's first Christmas. Even though he had no clue about the gifts or stockings or turkey or candy, it's always so special having a new one around on Christmas. It's a wonderful reminder of God's gift of life and the miracle of salvation through the birth of a baby many years ago.

So, another Christmas Day has come and (almost) gone, and it was a great one. As I think back on the day's (and the week's) events, and look forward to this coming week when we will celebrate with Jason's family and my brother and sister and their families, I thank God for all the blessings in my life, especially the blessing of His Son, who came to earth so long ago, to save a wretch like me. Thank You Lord!!!

2 comments :

mom said...

I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Amy, your blog stories always leave me with laughter and sometimes tears of joy! Keep it up hon. Love you and your "Liddle" family so much.