Monday, October 19, 2009

Welcome Little Evan!




Mimi and Evan
Jake was more interested in his new helicopter I think!!


I don't deserve this. I really don't. As my doctor was stitching me up today, I couldn't help but ponder the blessings of the Lord upon my life, and I was overwhelmed with the sense of His love and goodness, especially knowing how faithless I am sometimes.

Oh, did I mention we have a BOY?????!!!!! We have never found out the gender of our babies ahead of time, and usually we have a pretty even number of girl/boy guesses. But this time, I don't think that even one person guessed a girl! Everyone was right!

The surgery went so well. I'm sorry if this is too much information for some of you, but I'm going to share it anyway, because it is a testimony of God's protection over us! When my doctor made the first incision, she called Jason around so he could see what she was seeing. My uterus was so thin that the baby's hand could been seen through it. Amazing! That's why she had recommended an early delivery, and I know that God was in it. The umbilical cord was wrapped twice around his neck, which, obviously, can cause major problems. But not today. Praise the Lord!!

In addition, I think that this is the best I've ever felt after any surgery. I'm humbled and amazed, and that doesn't even begin to describe my feelings as I look at my newborn child.

Evan Michael Liddle is clearly one of the most beautiful babies in the world. No, I am not biased in the least. He really is. He is perfect in every way.

I keep asking myself, "What have I done to deserve this?" And I know in my heart that the answer is...absolutely nothing. I accept it as a blessing from God, and I can only say that I am so thankful. Words cannot describe.

Also, to the many of you who prayed for us and sent words of encouragement, you will never know what it meant to me as I was facing this day. Thank you!

It's hard to put into words all that I am feeling, so I will end with this verse today...

Every good thing given and every perfect gift
is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
with who there is no variation or shifting shadow.

James 1:17

9 comments :

Merlin Winchestr said...

Congrats Amy!!!!!!!!!! So happy that everything went great!!! Praise the Lord!!!!! He is so cute!!! You guys are truly blessed to have such beautiful kids!!!

Daniel Gay said...

Congratulations Liddles!! You are truly blessed with a wonderful family. God is so good! He is a beautiful addition to your family! We're so glad baby & Mommy are happy and healthy!

andy1131 said...

Oh Amy! He is indeed beautiful!

Carrie W.

Lacey said...

sigh. many sighes.

I am so glad. glad you feel good. glad you have a sweet little evan. just glad.

we felt the same way staring at otto. unmerited favor. abundant grace.

rejoice in it, my friend.

Leisa said...

I just have one thing to say my sweet little cousin - how do you do it?!! Deliver a baby through major surgery and then blog about it a few hours later! I love you to death and am always amazed at your strength! You have a beautiful family and God's favor is truly with you and Jason today!

Annette said...

Your blog brings tears to my eyes (of joy!). You have such a sweet family and Evan is a beautiful and blessed "liddle" boy to enter life with such a good family. God is good! I enjoyed being there with the family today.

Melanie Bastin said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you all. Evan is a beautiful addition to your wonderful family. You are truly blessed!

Em said...

Congrats to you and your family Amy. Baby Even is a doll and you are the most adorable pregnant/post pregnant woman ever!

Kim Strunk said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! He is beautiful, you are beautiful, your whole family is beautiful!!!! God bless you all!