Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Narrow Way


I have lots on my mind today, and I feel antsy to write, but honestly, I don't even have it all together in my head.  All I know is that lately (well, for some time now), I have been burdened by all of the lies that are swirling around in the world today.  I am burdened particularly by the fact that so many people--even "Christians"--are buying into lies about spirituality and about God.  

I suppose the reason for much of this is two-fold.  Number one, many of the lies are worded so closely to the truth, even quoting Biblical references (though out of context), and number two, there is a lack of spiritual discernment among many believers, possibly in part because the busyness of life tends to so easily detract from time that is spent in God's Word.

Have you ever felt so burdened but you don't know what to do?  That is the way I feel.  I love the Word of God, and I believe every word of it.  I have so much to learn and God is so faithful to reveal truth to me so that I can grow.  I just want to do more.  I want to share His truth, as well as what God has done in my life.  

The Bible is clear that in the last days there will be many false teachings.  The danger is, as I stated earlier, that many of these tend to sound so much like truth.  If a person is not completely devoted to the Lord, then they are in danger of falling for many of these lies.  Knowing this makes it clear why Jesus said in Matthew 7:13-14,

Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.  For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.  We live in urgent times, and there is no time to mess around.  I feel a call to urge people to get off the fence and be completely devoted to the Jesus Christ.  His grace is available and welcoming, and we would be fools to live our lives with indifference.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

You are so right Amy!!!! We are living in a difficult time. It's hard to know what's right and what's wrong. Even in the schools it's hard to know!! You're right, Amy. Completly right. We need to get off the fence and chose a side, cause if we don't then it isn't going it be good on Judgment Day. Great lesson, as always.

ashley brumley said...

:/ i agree amy it is hard to know the truth even i school and that is coming from a middle schooler!! yes i am sad to say it... but it is hard to tell the truth it is like people say you are on one side or the other you aren't in the middle. it is like that with christ and know that christ will lead us through these times.. how is jason? I've been praying for him. your lesson is great i take what i can and learn from it. well i got to go see ya sunday (liddle's)