Thursday, February 19, 2009

Morning By Morning


I never knew how much thirty minutes could add to my day.

It may not seem like much, but it has caused my mornings to run so much more smoothly!  I usually get up early (well, earlier than the kids) to spend time in the Word, write, and get a head start.  But even still, it seemed like I was always behind in the mornings.  So, lately I was encouraged to start even earlier.  What a difference it has made!  

Of course, there are many mornings when I don't really want to get up when I intend to.  It is during those moments that I try to be strong and remember the benefits that I reap from this extra half hour!  I have sincerely learned to treasure these times in the morning, though.  And once I'm actually up for a few minutes, it's fine.  I just love the stillness, the darkness, and the nourishment that my soul receives at that time of day.  My heart and my mind are fresh and I am able to focus on God's Word and my prayer time with Him.  And as if that were not enough, I feel more energized and prepared to serve my family.  

But make no mistake; there have been mornings when I have come dragging in after everybody was up, and Jason was so sweet to let me catch some extra zzzzz's.  But I feel so much better when I get to be with my family during this time.  Plus, I believe it pleases the Lord when we give Him first priority.  I know there will be days when I won't "feel" like it.  But isn't that how it is with everything?  I guess discipline is what I'm seeking from myself here.  I know that I won't be sorry!

No comments :