Monday, March 1, 2010

My Favorite Experience

Whew!! It's been busy around here the past few days. I'm glad to finally get the chance to sit down and share about my favorite experience at the Creation Museum...the Planetarium.
Ashlyn is taking a wonderful science course in Astronomy this year. WE have learned so much this year, as there are whole chapters on each planet, plus the moon, space rocks, stars and Pluto. She has been fascinated and I have been utterly amazed at the perfect design of God's universe. She has admitted several times that it's hard to believe how God could be so big and yet care about us. That has given me many opportunities to share Scripture with her about how God knows the number of hairs on our heads and how he cares more for us than anything. It's been good.

Our visit to the planetarium just exercised our minds even further, as we were "taken" to the outskirts of our galaxy, only to see more and more galaxies.

So many stars.

So many planets.

So many miles.

So many questions.

My mind was blown once again. All I could do was be humbled that out of all of His Creation, we are the most prized. Earth is so small in comparison, but it was here that He chose to place His masterpiece. And then, when we betrayed Him, it was here that He sent His beloved Son to die...

for me....

and for you,

so that we could share in His eternal glory. It's difficult to comprehend that it was planned that way from the beginning.

Ashlyn and I have agreed many times during our study of the universe that we cannot wait to be with God so that we may have answers to all of our questions. It will be a sweet time, for sure. But until then, I live by faith, believing that His Word is truth. In addition, God has used science to give us glimpses of His handiwork and proof that He is truth.

I know that if I feel like falling prostrate in worship merely by what I see from a projector in a planetarium, I cannot imagine what it will be like to see my Father in all His glory, face to face.

Now that will be a great experience.

Lift up your eyes on high
And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might
And the strength of His power,
Not one of them is missing.

Isaiah 40:26

1 comment :

Merlin Winchestr said...

Amen, Amy. I went to the Creation Museum once on a school trip, but we were in a hurry and we weren't able to go to the planitarium. I wish we had though. I think Mom is planning a trip during the summer. I sure hope so. :) Great thoughts. :)