Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The End of the Rainbow


We learned about St. Patrick today (go figure). :)

We all wore green (even if the kids didn't think my "khaki" green was green). All day, no matter where we went, my kids were the "green" police. When we pulled into the church parking lot, we saw Harold getting out of his truck, and immediately Ashlyn said, "Uh-oh! Harold's not wearing green!" I don't think she pinched him though (that's not to say that no one got pinched of course).

We also talked about Irish folklore--gold, luck, rainbows and leprechauns. I had come across this recipe on a magazine's website, a
nd I thought it would be fun, especially considering my kids' love of rainbows. Turns out, it was fun!


I guess you could say we found our pot o' gold. :)

6 comments :

Julie said...

That is precious, Amy. Just precious!

Unknown said...

I wanna be your kid in my next life! LOL Love you sweetie

Unknown said...

Yummy! I am coming to your house next year! We did absolutely nothing for St. Patrick's day. How sad! But now I have an idea! :)

Jason said...

Those things do look awful tasty!!! You are one cool mom.

Jason also said...

I like what is at the "end of the rainbow" - ash and em. That's better than a pot of gold!!

Lacey said...

These do look magazine perfect!
And I can never get over how your cute kids look like the prefect bend of you and Jason. So funny!