Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's 'Torming!


We went camping again, yes we did.

In the middle of our first night there, I woke up to thunder, AND the sound of Jacob starting to squirm.  When I sat up to check on him, he raised up and said, "It 'torming mom!  I'm 'cared of 'torming!"  (It wasn't really storming, it was just thundering in the distance).  But he had a most frightened look on his face, so I told him to come over to my bed.  When he got into bed, he snuggled up close just as another rumble of thunder sounded.  But this time, he raised up and looked at me with a HUGE smile on his face and said, "It 'torming mom!"  Then he laid down and slept for the rest of the night.

It made me feel good to know that Jake feels safe when he is near me.  It also made me think about how thankful I am for the security that I find in God when life's storms are approaching.  Jake was fine with the thunder and slept like a baby once he was lying next to me.  I pray that I will be able to let go and trust in the nearness of my God, resting in the assurance that He will never let go.

3 comments :

Kim O said...

He won't let go...I know!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW HE WON'T LET GO ALSO!!!!
BLESS JAKE'S LITTLE HEART, I KNOW EXACTLY THE SECURITY HE WAS FEELING WHEN HE WAS LYING NEXT TO HIS "savior"!!!!
LOVE YA, KATHY E

Julie said...

How precious! Great post!