Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Holiday Weekend

With all of the storm activity that surrounded us last week (beginning and end), along with several other things that were consuming my thoughts, my mind was not focused and I did not spend the time that I really wanted just meditating on the cross and resurrection and all of the reasons we celebrate Easter.  Of course, that can be done anytime, right?  But I was so thankful for the worship service we were able to attend on Sunday with Jason's brother and family, and even today I was still chewing on the challenges that were laid before me on Sunday.

I'm so thankful for what Jesus has done for me, and my thoughts have turned to what it is I need to do in my life to show my true love for Him.  The speaker we heard on Sunday asked the question:  Who is calling the shots in your life?  Who really is sitting on the throne in your life?

As I have meditated on these things, I've been reminded that when I act on my emotions or when I harbor grudges or refuse to love, that is a clear indication that it is I who is sitting high and mighty on the throne.

But when I ask God for wisdom and live a life controlled by the Holy Spirit, then that's when I am letting Him call the shots for me.

That's where I want to be.  As I have thought about this and applied it to real life today, I have been convicted, yet set free.  Joy really does come when we are submissive to His purpose and plan for our lives!

It was great to be able to spend some time with family this weekend too.  Here are some shots of our trip...
When Emily saw the Easter Bunny, she went right up and gave him a hug (very unusual for her--she's usually more apprehensive).  I understood why she did it when she came back and very smartly explained to me that it was only someone dressed up in a bunny suit.

Ashlyn and Emily after the big egg hunt at Nana's house.

My three sweeties!


We were able to get a nice picture in before the kids had a great time getting their dresses (and pants) dirty in the green grass after church!  

3 comments :

Elizabeth said...

Cute pics Amy!!! Emily looks cute next to the "Easter Bunny"!!! :P :)

ashley brumley said...

nice pics miss all of you.
ashley

mom said...

Thanks for your wisdom Amy! God has so many blessings for your's and Jason's life. I love the pictures.