Monday, April 20, 2009

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet

Hello Friends,

Yes, I am still here.  I have not "quit" my blog as it may seem.  I have merely been taking a short break because of my need for sleep in the mornings.  That is usually when I write/post, and lately I have not been able to pull myself out of bed before my little ones come begging for breakfast.  You would think I'm pregnant or something!  :)  Now that I am out of my first trimester, I look for these sluggish days to end soon (I hope)!

But, today I did want to take a few minutes to show off my new nephew, Beau Christopher.  We are so excited to meet him in person!!!  He looks like a real sweetie and I can't wait to get my hands on him!  Thanks to Skype, we were able to see him just hours after he was born.  
Isn't he sweet?  And I think that is his big brother's hand stroking his head.  

This reminds me of a verse of a beautiful hymn....one that has touched my heart especially since I've had children.  You know, it's sometimes scary thinking about bringing kids up in a world such as ours.  But I am comforted by these lyrics:

How sweet to hold a newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives
But greater still, the calm assurance
This child can face uncertain days
Because He lives

We live in urgent and tumultuous times, and none of us know what hard times and difficulties we or our children will possibly have to face.  But knowing the assurance of salvation in Christ and the promise of peace in all circumstances, we can take heart because we know that He has already overcome death and will be the Great Victor.  Praise the Lord!!

5 comments :

bridge said...

well worth the wait.

Anonymous said...

Amen!!

ashley brumley said...

AMEN! very good thing before school i like the couple last paragraphs thanks amy
-Ashley Brumley

Holly Lindsey said...

He is so beautiful!:) I often worry too much about the future and my kids so this was a GREAT reminder to just trust in Him and enjoy my little blessings.

Elizabeth said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! He is so cute!!!!! You're a lucky aunt!!!! Do you know if you're having a girl or a boy yet???? :) :) :) God bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!