Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Garden We Will Grow!

Yesterday, the kids and I took a trip to the greenhouse to pick out flowers, and today, being the glorious day that it was, we took advantage of the nice weather and spent the entire day outside cleaning out beds and setting flowers.

It was truly a blessing for me, because my kiddos really did help me. I was hoping they would give me an hour or two without complaining, but as it turned out, it was a whole day of happily working together!


At the greenhouse yesterday, they were asking for flowers that would be their "own". I told them to each choose two flowers, and I would buy one and they they would buy one. So the girls took their purses, shopped carefully, and each paid a dollar fifty on some great choices. This investment really sparked their interest in where the flowers would be planted, making sure they have a happy home where they can grow and thrive!


It was so great being able to spend the whole day like that working together. We had some good conversation, and there was lots of teaching and learning going on. Days like this are a good reminder to me that learning is truly a lifestyle. No matter what we are doing, there is always some kind of knowledge to gain that is relevant to real life.

Finally, at the end of the afternoon, 
I pulled out the sprinkler as a reward for their diligent labor!

2 comments :

mom said...

I looked down at your house several times today and thought how sweet your "liddle" family was.....out there working all together. It sounded so sweet hearing the voices and laughter of them having a good time. I tried to hide it in my heart so that it would stay forever!!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet, You're such a good Momma Amy. You're making memories not just for you after they grow up and wouldn't be caught dead with you,lol, but they will never forget this either. As old as I am, I can still remember great days when I was but a little whipper snapper. I just love you guys!!! Kathy E